Carthage Jail

Thank goodness for my parents serving missions or I wouldn't have as much urge to see half of the places I have. They are now serving in the Nauvoo temple and so we went to visit them this last weekend. What an awesome place. It is amazing how such a little town can carry so much of the Spirit as it does. This entry highlights Carthage Jail where the Prophet Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum were martyred. It was so awesome to hear about all of the history behind this event and then to feel the Spirit of the room and the testimonies of those who were there.
Carthage Jail
Bean holding on to the statues of Hyrum and Joseph
Bullet holes in the door of their room at the jail
My brother Lorin and his family
Steve and I at the window from inside the room at Carthage Jail
Window the Prophet Joseph fell from after being shot by the mob
Our family at Carthage Jail
Grandma and Grandpa with grandkids at Carthage Jail
Lorin smelling Bean's flower

No comments: